The Big Apple Tap Festival,
an intensive weekend of exciting events, included:
Tap Master Classes:
Ofer Ben, Karen Callaway Williams, Debbi Dee,
Ray Hesselink, Anthony LoCascio, Avi Miller,
Prof. Robert L. Reed, Thommie Retter, Germaine Salsberg, Dianne 'Lady Di' Walker & Sam Weber
- Twelve leading tap artists taught inspiring Tap Master Classes, each in his/her own unique style and charisma.
Tap History Talks:
- Debbi Dee conducted the 'Tap History Talks' session which featured insights about members of the faculty and their contributions to the art of Tap Dancing.
Prof. Robert L. Reed
- Robert L. Reed presented the works of noted tap performers on film and video from his own personal extensive library and archive.
Mark Albrecht, Denise Caston, April Cook,
Hillary-Marie Michael & Claudia Rahardjanoto
- Warm-up sessions for each day with five leading tap practitioners who taught the afternoon / morning tap drills - each with his/her own unique style and technique.
Avi Miller & Ofer Ben
- A happy event concluded the second day of classes in the exciting Big Apple Tap Festival. Avi Miller and Ofer Ben emceed an informal Participants Showcase at The Alvin Ailey Theater.