- Police, Fire & Medical Emergencies:
- Lost or stolen Credit Cards:
Visa - call 1-800-336-8472
Master Card - call 1-800-826-2181
American Express - call 1-800-528-4800
Discover - call 1-800-347-2683
For Information on travel delays and NYC-specific information,
call 311 inside the NYC limits, or text 311-692.
- The Official New York City Visitor Information Center
- Online Performance Tickets:
- Same Day Performance Tickets: (Half Price)
Times Square, 46th St. and Broadway.
Open Hours: Monday to Saturday - 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM,
Sunday - 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM (for Matinee + Evening performance).
Wednesday + Saturday - 10:00 AM 2:00 PM (for Matinee)
Great for same day / half price tickets for Broadway and Off Broadway shows! Browse online at:
TKTS is walk-up ONLY. There are no online orders.
- Jazz Clubs:
There are plenty of Currency Exchange places around 42nd St. and all over the city. One is located at 122 E. 42nd St. They operate between 8:30 am and 9 pm.
- This is a huge city, so never leave your stuff unattended!
- Temporary 'locker service' can be located at 357 West 37th St. between 8th and 9th Ave. For $2.50/hour you can safely leave your purchases while you go sightseeing.
- Only carry what you really need - leave your valuables in the hotel safe or at home.
- The standard tipping is 15 to 20% in restaurants and taxi cab rides. Restaurant meals are taxed at 8.875%, so the locals just leave double the tax as a tip.
- If you think that the Prada you bought for $20 is real... think again!
NYC is a place where great food of any kind can be found on nearly any corner. Here are a few favorites of ours if you're looking for a nice meal on the town.
- In Midtown:
Yum Yum Bangkok
Authentic Thai cuisine. It's not all super spicy, we promise! Give the Seafood Karee a try, it's super yum!
Address: 650 9th Ave. between 45th and 46th.
American comfort food. Enjoy the music-themed atmosphere with an order of parmesan garlic parsley fries and Elvis's Revenge!
Address: 746 9th Ave. between 50 and 51st.
Carnegie Deli (Kosher Deli)
Go on an empty stomach! Try the 'Woody Allen' or a hot pastrami sandwich! Leave room for a massive, fresh slice of cheesecake!
Address: 854 7th Ave. on 55th.
5 Napkin Burger
Burgers and Sandwiches. Give the BBLT or Lamb Kofta a try.
You'll love it!
Address: 630 9th Ave between 44th and 45th.